1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst DVD you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 29, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What's the most terrible movie in your collection?

I have two I'll fess up to: All I Want and Ash Wednesday.

I own Beaches, but that is a good movie, dammit!!!!!

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

Excellent question, easy answer: Fast and the Furious.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Star Wars Episode I

I got it as a gift from someone who apparently hadn't heard my rants about how it was the most disappointing and disgraceful film of all time...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I own that one too, but owning it isn't nearly as embarrassing as owning All I Want.

5. While it is nowhere near as good as III, IV and V, I think I is underrated.
    Qui-Gon is pretty cool and Darth Maul is the coolest villain in the entire saga.
    Even with the pod race and Jar-Jar, I think this movie is easily better than II and VI.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

If anyone has seen it, you know owning it is really, really bad.

7. Mizzougrad96

As far as I'm concerned, all three of the Star Wars prequels are shit. But the first one is by far the worst in the series. I remember seeing it in the theater and being as disappointed as I've ever been.

A New Hope and Empire are both masterpieces. Jedi is fluff. The prequels all blow.

When my kids are old enough to watch Star Wars, I will tell them the prequels never existed...

8. Mizzougrad96

Jingle All the Way is Jake Lloyd's best film...

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

But without the prequels Weird Al would've never been able to give us his spoof on American Pie

10. pallister

pallister Guest

If that's the most disappointed you've ever been, I envy you.

11. Mizzougrad96

I meant in a movie...

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

My mother, for reasons I still don't understand, gave me "My Giant" one year for Christmas. I still have it, though I'm proud to say it's still in the plastic.

Not sure why I didn't return it, like I did when she tried to give me a Larry the Cable Guy DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted