1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst cover ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Jun 23, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

She is from Canada right?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For comparison's sake, here's the studio video:
    ; and here's a live one:

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Probably not. They probably thought it was an Avril original.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Loved Limp Bizkit's cover of "Faith" before dude ran out of ideas and had it deteriorate into a mediocre rap song.

Listening to it now, their Behind Blue Eyes cover is similar. See, when a Metallica covers a song, they say, "Let's play it somewhat straight, but with our singer and band." Their Turn the Page is awesome. But when a Limp Bizkit covers a song, they have to add some kind op "twist."

Blech.

I HATE "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." GNR write so many great songs, but radio insists on playing that one, and the band still plays it live, I guess so people can sing along. Ugh.

I forget who covered "Smooth Criminal" but it kicked ass.

Worst cover . . .hmm. . . . . I guess, just about anything GNR did on "The Spaghetti Incident?!"

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not going to get into the worst argument, you guys seem to have that covered.

I've always enjoyed U2's version of 'Everlasting Love'

and Erasure's version of 'Take a Chance On Me'. Hilarious video.

Oh, and Smooth Criminal was Alien Ant Farm.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

This R&B artist TQ did a cover of Hotel California that was bad

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Kentucky Woman by Deep Purple is tremendous *** oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe once or twice...

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Metallica is killer when it comes to covers.

Aside from "Turn The Page," I LOVE their versions of Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy" and Thin Lizzy's "Whiskey in the Jar."

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think Celine's "I Drove All Night" was worse than "You Shook Me All Night Long."

At least she never released "You Shook Me."

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Isn't Thin Lizzie's 'Whiskey in the Jar' just a cover of the traditional Irish song?
    I've heard the traditional version. I've heard of the Thin Lizzie version but have never heard it.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's hit mainstream radio yet or not, but Fall Out Boy's cover of "Beat It" made me want to vomit in my mouth when I heard it on Sirius recently.

Also, the Alien Ant Farm version of Smooth Criminal sucked ass.

I loathe the day I hear some crappy emo band put together a new version of Thriller.

As for best covers I've heard.....I love the two distinctly different "In The Air Tonight" covers by Nonpoint and Full Blown Rose.

Draft saved Draft deleted