1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst College Sports Fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, Mar 12, 2007.

1. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Even though I am a big backer of the alma mater, I always thought the fans at Colorado acted like little shits. Throwing things on the field, trying conciously to pass out at games...the shit that goes on in the stands was secondary to the game.

2. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I see nothing here that offends me.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

After watching the frenzy in Alabama a couple months back, I don\'t know how anyone can consider another school for this distinction. I honestly don\'t.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dunno.. that teabag thing is pretty bad... even for UNC..

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, it was a Duke fan, and that was an isolated incident. The Alabama thing, though, encompassed an entire state.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True... they haven't realized it yet, but Nick Satan is tea-bagging the whole state...metaphorically speaking of course

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The best fans have to be Nebraska's, and it pains me to say that...

Worst have to be Alabama or Florida...

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The ugly truth about college football is this: If colleges were really sincere and serious about cracking down on public drinking on their campuses -- an action that is supposed to be against standard policy but is conveniently ignored for six Saturdays every year -- college football would dry up like the Arizona desert. Fans would stop attending and donors would stop giving.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I have to go with Mizzou here, because they put more energy into rooting against Kansas than they do actually rooting for the Tigers. At least that's been my experience with Mizzou fans.

I know it's a rivalry, but that never seemed right to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted