1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst chain restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know our society has a problem when McDonald's & Wendy's can brag that "Well, at least we're better than Burger King"

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I usually make it a habit of asking when the pasta man comes in when I go to a mom and pop Italian place.

If they do not make their own pasta fresh each morning, they will never see me and my wife again.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Burger King used to be clearly better than McDs and Wendy's. That chain has really gone down in the past 10 or so years.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As Pastor would say, FACT.

I used to love BK, but their Whoppers are nowhere near as tasty as they used to be. I'll still take BK's fries over anyone else's, and I love the Mocha Joes. But that's it.

5. 93Devil

My second nomination goes out to Outback Steak House.

If I am in the mood to be slammed into a small booth in a packed restaurant, and served overpriced red meat, then Outback is the place.

Servers in tacky uniforms and booths without and padding, just hard straight wooden boards, make Outback a truly awful dining experience in all hemispheres. There probably is more elbow room for a cow in a slaughterhouse than in their bar.

When the original item on their menu is an appetizer that make you nauseous before dinner because of all the grease you ingest, it has to be in the consideration for a top spot.

Congrats, Outback. You fail.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

waffle house. Bar none. Others are deplorable; no other chain has the dregs of life for customers and patrons like Waffle House.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

BTW, the best Spongebob episode is "Band Geeks."

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

No takers on Ponderosa? That's gotta be at least in the top five.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I've eaten in TGI Friday's twice. It was two times too many.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ponderosa's still in business?

11. 93Devil

Tied with Golden Corrall.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

That was my first thought, too. Had them in northeast Ohio growing up,. Remember something similar on the other side of the state -- was it Ranch? -- in the Toledo area.

Draft saved Draft deleted