1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst chain restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am with you. I hate the place. Kids always want to go there but I find the food barely edible.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm Scottish/English and I make better Italian food than Olive Garden.

Godawful stuff and as Captain points out, has nothing to do with actual Italian cooking.

There's a mini chain of Chinese restaurants up here called the Mandarin. Only problem is, no Chinese people actually eat there.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

In a related note, they had the "Spongebob Squarepants" on this morning where the Krusty Krab gets bought out and turned into a Krabby O'Monday's.

Basically, it's 12-minute "fuck you" to O'Charley's, TGIFriday's and Applebee's rolled into one. They make jokes about fake local sports memorabilia, shitty food, fake happiness, and an HR department that brutalizes "underachieving" employees.

It's the most brilliant Spongebob episode of all time, bar none.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I ate at a Cracker Barrel once ... ONCE ... and shit like a tied-up dog for three days.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I like Cracker Barrel too, despite myself.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

On the money most of us make, a night out is a night out.

It may not have been the Italian enclaves of New York or Philly, but I grew up in a definitive Italian-American neighborhood and visited the old country three times, experiencing "real" Italian food. And I don't mind Olive Garden one bit. I'd rather eat there than the supposed authentic Italian eateries within a 300 miles radius of my house.

7. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

i've always felt the episode where Spongebob is stranded a few towns over and keeps missing the bus back to Bikini Bottom is particularly brilliant

as for the thread ... another vote for Applebee's

the food just sucks. consistently hot waitresses help make up for it

sadly, the kids love the place.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Applebee's is getting bad all over.

Chili's isn't far behind. They're starting to use those processed chicken breasts that Applebee's is so famous for.

Church's is the absolute worst fast-food place. KFC just a few awful cuts of chicken behind.

I still like Subway but is there a single one that has a dress code for employees? Sorry, but I don't want a guy with a nose ring making my sub.

I'm also avoiding Burger Kings.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Even though I love the place to death and have many fond memories, I will offer Waffle House. I have yet to see a Waffle House that achieved over a D + for cleanliness.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Outside of Italy, Toronto has more people of Italian ancestry than any city in the world.

We've got literally hundreds of Italian restaurants. I'd pick almost any of them over Olive Garden any day.

Nothing wrong with it--it justain't Italian food any more than the local "Chinese-Canadian" restaurant's sweet and sour spareribs and chicken chow mein is Chinese food.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You need to get out more often.

Unless the guy's sticking his nose in your meatball sub, why would you care if he's got a nose ring?

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I can't eat Burger King without getting a stomach ache three hours later.

Draft saved Draft deleted