1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst-case scenario

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 15, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

So I have changed apartments in the town where I work (as opposed to the town where my wife and I keep a house, which is about 90 minutes away) and the new one is tiny, which was appealing for me.

The washer and dryer are a stacked combo sharing a (cramped) space with the water heater.

The other night I get the dryer lint filter out to clean it and, as I'm putting it back, I drop it. It bounces off the top of the washer ... and into the cramped space between the washer/dryer and the water heater. All the way at the back, well out of reach.

Of course.

What follows is a 30-minute comedy of errors in which I tried to manipulate the filter with a broom and, more fatefully, with a deconstructed coat hanger. First, I succeeded in getting it closer to the front of the space, only to get it jammed under both the washer and the thin board the water heater sits on top of.

I gave up, then decided to try again. This time, I used the coat hanger to get the filter free from its obstructions and tilted up on one side. It took several tries, each more aggravating than the one that preceded it. Eventually, though, I used the coat hanger's hook like I was fishing and lifted it up and out.

I deserved a beer, two even, after that.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Bravo my friend. Bravo.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't think you'd give up beer for Lint.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You. Are. My. Hero.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Why did you drop the lint catch?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

HH, you should tell the squirrel story.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Only if by boo you mean awesome.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Buy a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he'll be able to recover the errant lint filter for the rest of his life.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or Booourns.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was saying Booourns.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, Hans. Watch out for that football.

Draft saved Draft deleted