1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Cars of all time....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We were a Mopar family so I have had a few Chrysler products. My Dodge Aspen, aka the seduction sedan was truly a stellar car that never let me down and had wicked cool velour seats. I also owned a Sundance that was very reliable.

I now own a pretty new Town and Chrysler minivan that has been in service at least a dozen times, luckily all on warranty. I will never buy another Chrysler product.

I had 2 Chevettes that we're bullet proof, embarassing to drive, but reliable and indestructible.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My family had an Aspen when I was a kid and it was actually a pretty good car; sounds like we've found the only two Aspens ever made that were reliable. Ours had the vinyl seats, though, so if you rode in it while wearing shorts you'd end up with the seat pattern on the back of your legs.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Either list are abject failures without the inclusion of the Renault LeCar.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

All of these cars are almost all you see in Cape Town.

My nomination: Mercury Zephyr, from the late 70s, early 80s. My first car. Thanks, mom and dad.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

[​IMG]

Just wait until you hear how the engine purrs on this baby.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Worst looking car on the road right now: Kia Soul.

Worst looking car of my lifetime: Pontiac Aztek

Most underrated car: Plymouth Sundance Turbo 1985 (mine was a bullet, had no troubles, and ran for 165,000 miles before I sold it).

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Anything in the shape of a cube is terrible.

The Aztek has got to be one of the worst ideas ever, aesthetically, at least.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

The Nissan Cube is exponentially worse than the Soul. At least the Soul has some flow to it, while the Cube is boxy and stark.

Cannot, however, disagree with you on the Aztek, especially with the louveurs.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What about Pontiac Fieros? Where they horrible, dangerous pieces of crap?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Love the Mobil1 sticker in front of the rear wheel. With that, it's virtually a racecar.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. The last model year was a very well-done car, especially the underrated GT version. And then GM killed it.

And dammit ... the Poser Mobile needs to be part of this.

[​IMG]

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Edsel, Pinto, Maverick, Pacer (reminded me of the Jetsons).

Draft saved Draft deleted