1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst boycott ever... Kathy Griffin! (special post just for Yawn)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I apologise if this is a re-tread thread, but a very good friend just forwarded me this. I love the party where they have to include a picture of her "in case you don't know who she is." Can't boycott someone you don't know, right? For the record I've been boycotting her since NewRadio went off the air in '99, but it had nothing to do with her anti-Christian hate speech. And how in the hell did Kathy Griffin win an emmy in the first place?

Without further ado:

Kathy Griffin's Hate Speech About Jesus

At the Emmy awards, Kathy Griffin's acceptance speech said, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus." She went on to say,"Suck it, Jesus. This is my God now!" referring to the Emmy.

As a Christian, I am offended by her hate speech. What do you think might have happened if she had made the hate speech against Muhammed???? Kathy Griffin has the right as an American to say what she thinks. As a Christian-American, so do I.
    Today I will refuse to watch any show that she may be on or purchase tickets to any event at which she would perform.

What will you do? If you delete this, nothing bad will happen to you, but if you pass this on, you will truly have stood up for Jesus Christ.

FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT EVEN KNOW WHO SHE IS.... THIS IS KATHY GRIFFIN! (the image in the email didn't come through so I just pulled this one off the web.)

[​IMG]

Note 1: Yes, this thread probably would have been better off without pictures.

Note 2. Yes, I imagine the carpet does match the drapes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I dated a girl who looked like her in college ... curly red hair, down to the squinty eyes. And I pined after her for months afterward.

(What was/is wrong with me?)

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

K.G. has never been funny to me, so I've probably given her thought ONLY when I saw the commercials for her Bravo show.

And she's one of the only redheads I've known that I WOULDN'T sleep with.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think her looks make her unattractive; though she's not gorgeous, she's not ugly, either. It's her voice and inability to mute herself that gets under my skin.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure what she said wasn't meant to be hateful, it was meant to be a joke, dammit!

Of course, that's the problem with Kathy Griffin. She's not flat, but a lot of her jokes are.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I think she is quite funny -- at times. She's not cliche. She's different.
    And, her Emmy speech, available on YouTube, was intended as a joke.
    Do you think Jesus cares if they won an Emmy? She has a point.
    Just because she touches on uncomfortable issues doesn't make her wrong. She's not for everyone. Big deal.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jerry: Oh, no. It's Sally Weaver.
    Kramer: Oh, yeah. Your old college roommate, huh?
    Jerry: No, It's Susan Ross' old college roommate; she moved to New York a few years ago. She's trying to become an actress.
    Kramer: Hmm. Dramatica comedia, heh?
    Jerry: Untalented. She's always inviting me to see her in some bad play in tiny room without ventilation. It's really depressing.
    Kramer: Huh. We don't go to enough theater.
    Jerry: She should just give up.
    Jerry (to Sally): Heeyyy ...
    Sally: Hey there, Mr. Too big to come to my shows. Whoooooooo ... I'm on my way to an audition still waiting for that big break.
    Kramer: Why don't you just give up?
    Jerry: Kramer!
    Kramer: At least that's what Jerry says. Now face it. If it hasn't happen it's not gonna happen. All right, we go grab some bouffe . Join us?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought that speech was hilarious. . . . . . not that I watched it, but reading it here. Don't particularly think she's funny, but to each their own.

Providing a photo doesn't help. Her looks change every couple of years.

9. FYI:
    Cathy Griffin was not on Newsradio. Your thinking of Vicki Lewis, who played Beth.
    I think Cathy Griffin was on Suddenly Susan??

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Vicki Lewis also played George Costanza's secretary, Ava, while he was with the Yankees.

Everything comes back to Seinfeld, my friends. Everything.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Which is a real shame because that is one show I never found funny.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't understand people like you, though you're certainly not in the same boat. ...

I think Seinfeld is a very easy show to follow, but it does help if you've been there from the beginning; I know it helped me. I jumped aboard in the mid-90s and had to play catch-up. Now I can quote it like a priest does the Bible.

The big debate in high school and college was Seinfeld vs. Friends. Generally, those who hated Seinfeld loved Friends. I like both shows, but I can't easily relate to the characters on Friends like I can to those on Seinfeld, which is why I prefer the show, I think. That and it's much more subtle, and I enjoy that.

Anyway, Kathy Griffin sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted