1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Bet You Ever Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

What was the worst sports bet you ever lost? I've had several -- everything from a 2004 Syracuse vs. UConn football game hail mary (a Syracuse 45-yard pass as half expired cost me a halftime bet) ... to losing a hefty bet when the White Sox rallied BIG-TIME ... with Tadahito Iguchi hitting 7 RBI in the last few innings on Sunday Night Baseball.

Anyways, what was the worst bet you've lost? Any real stinkers?

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I bet that nobody else would post on this thread.

Oops.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't gamble on sports -- even when I'm playing golf, etc. -- as a rule.

Not that I can't stand to lose the money, it's just not that appealing to me. Sorta like pot, I guess.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't gamble because of my religion, but I will say this. I have wasted lost money on Detroit Lions tickets.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I bet on the NBA with my ex-boyfriend once. He won, and I had to go buy his groceries, and he insisted I go to Wal-Mart because it was cheaper. That sucked hard.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What, A_F hasn't chimed in on this thread yet?

8. sportschick

Funny, but the whole reason the bet involved grocery shopping was because he couldn't do anything sexual following a horrific motorcycle accident.

Thanks for bringing that memory up, Chef. DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

OK. So if you were buying the groceries, why did he care what they cost? Was this for a certain amount of groceries?

10. sportschick

He paid, but I had to do the shopping. I hate going to Wal-Mart on Sunday afternoons. That place is crawling with scary people.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sunday afternoons is white trash day at Wal-Mart. I don't like it, either.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I normally do my shopping at Wal-Mart around 3 a.m. It's one of the few times I can go out in public and be dressed nicer than most people.

Draft saved Draft deleted