1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst beers ever (AKA Beer you drank in high school)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 3, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My dad still drinks that stuff, and he's pushing 60.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hate Red X beer too.

Huggy,

Yes it was. Almostas bad as this stuff was, which is also (thankfully) out of business:

[​IMG]

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Two contrasts in beers -- one is massively overrated, one is massively underrated. Whenever I find a bar with Blue Moon -- not always available -- I get it.

And Fenian, your story reminds me of my experience in TO. I ordered a Labatt's, and the locals laughed in my face.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No one cited Rainier Ale yet? The Green Death? Hell, I was only in the Northwest once in the first 40 years of my life and I remember my first taste of that swill with painful clarity.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Since the last photo turned into a red X, it was supposed to be Lone Star Beer.

[​IMG]

6. boots

boots New Member

The only thing worse than Lone Star is Lone Star light. And if you're ever in San Antonio, don't say anything bad about it.

7. lono

lono Active Member

Hudepohl.

Yacht Club.

Schaefer.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dammit, Schaefer is the ONE beer to have when you're having more than one!!!

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

[​IMG]

A lot like piss, though not nearly as flavorful.

10. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

OMG -- Hudepol was a great add (I loved going to old Riverfront Stadium and hearing the vendors yell out, "Hudy, Hudy Light". Nothing like getting drunk on Hudy while watching the Reds.)
    Also, Old Style is awful, but brings back loads of ballpark memories from Wrigley. (vendors there: "Get your COLD Style right 'ere. COLD Style, 'ere)

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Especially at Schaefer Stadium!

12. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

Rainier was the best. After 12 of them or so, you couldn't even tell how bad it tasted. We also had Lucky Lager in the short, stubby bottles that had little picture riddles under the caps. They were easy to figure out ... until you drank six or seven of the beers.

Draft saved Draft deleted