1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst beers ever (AKA Beer you drank in high school)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

OK, this is not so much to mention awful tasting swill like Blatz or Hamm's, I just wonder what kind of cheap, not-s-good swill you drank back in your poor, youthful (in my case way too youthful and still in high school) days.
    (And yes, for those of us who are still poor and youthful, just tell us what you drink now)

For me: Stroh's. They sold 30 packs and I always took the extra six. They, and the 15 packs, were the same price as most 12 and 24s.
    I also drank a lot of Little Kings. I have no idea how I standed that putrid, watered down crap.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

3. Keystone Light -- 30 Stones for $3.99! Also Icehouse, aka Crackhouse.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Natural Ice. I was extremely poor in college and it was the same price as Natural Light, so I figured I'd go with the higher alcohol content. It was/is by far the worst beer I've ever had, actually tied with Bud Ice as the worst ever.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Miller Lite. I despise that shit.

6. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

A tie between Natty Light and Mt. Everest Malt Liquor.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Not sure what I expected given the price tag -- $6/case. :eek:

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A friend and I spent 10 days at the end of the month we graduated from college in New Orleans as a gift to ourselves because neither of us took a single fall or spring break vacation in college. Since the only money we had was graduation gifts, as neither of us had jobs yet, we were drinking Natty Light all week. Neither of us really drank anything but alcohol while we were there, but I'm still pretty sure she spent the last day in New Orleans sick because she only drank natty light all week. I at least added some other types of alcohol while we were out at night.

9. Do malt liquors count? If so, put me down for Olde English 800.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Meister Brau. My friends and I still joke about it whenever we get together. One gulp and one spit was all I needed to volunteer to be the DD. Everyone else had a cheap hangover and a bad case of the shits the next day.

11. Frylock

Frylock Member

Generic "Beer beer"
    Also, I drank a lot of Olde English and haven't touched it in years.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Billy Beer

There's nothing wrong with an ice-cold PBR, either. Great flavor.

Draft saved Draft deleted