1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Beatles song, etc.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Third.

2. Those are three pretty good songs. Hammer especially has some pretty good rhymes in it.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Lot of good contenders already named . . .Maxwell's silver hammer, etc. I lik Girl because they snuck in tittittittittittit as the backing vocal. Those cfazy beatles.

Covers: Mr. Moonlight, Dizzie Miss Lizzie

Originals: Good Night, When I Get Home

Album: Please Please Me

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I like Maxwell's silver hammer

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I Dig A Pony.

6. Her Majesty!!!!!!

For song not under 30 seconds and not hidden at the end of Abbey Road, yet still after Rubber Soul (since there are a number of bad/boring Beatles songs before that), I'll take The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill. I can't stand that song, or maybe I'm just so happy to get through it to hear While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

7. Another good recommendation.

For a board that claims to love the Beatles as much as we do, we sure find a lot not to love, huh?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Was there a vonnegutnaked1?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What? You suck bro. :D

I'd list both Honey Pie and Wild Honey Pie among my worst also-rans. When I'm 64, Girl, Within You, Without You, The Inner Light, Piggies, Octopus' Garden, and Martha My Dear also receive votes.

I dislike Don't Let Me Down more than the Ballad Of John and Yoko, but neither are in my top 20.

I like Run For Your Life, it has that kind of Stonesy edge to its lyrics, I don't take it seriously. Lennon also hated And Your Bird Can Sing, which is one of my faves.

And if Paperback Writer is underrated, its B side, Rain, is even more so. Greatest A-B side ever in my opinion.

10. Rain is one I had never heard until recently. It is quickly moving up my "most played" list on the iPod.
    That is an incredibly strong A-B.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I first heard 'Rain' when I picked up Past Masters Volume II I was blown away.... I couldn't believe there was such a great Beatles song I had never heard before...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The thing I've noticed about a lot of the picks is that many of them come from the British dance hall wing of Beatles songs.

There is no equivalent to British dance hall music in America (thank God for that), so I think songs like Martha My Dear come off way too English for our American ears. At least they do for mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted