1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Announcers Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If you were actually talking about Jessica Mendoza (I know, all those Hispanic softball players look the same) I watched a game a couple of weeks ago and tried to not like her, but it never happened. She seemed comfortable and fit in. She contributed when needed and didn't try to overwhelm us with stuff to prove how much she knows about baseball. But I didn't feel that way during the college baseball and softball World Series, which she also did. She babbled on and on during those.
    I didn't watch yesterday, so she might have digressed. Don't know.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't know if he counts as an announcer in this capacity, but Joe Tessitore is a dumpster fire on College Football Final. Tries to act cool, but he's the biggest fucking square in the world.

Add to the list pretty much any analyst on a second-, third- or fourth-tier college football game. Most sound like they've taken too many hits to the head.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree. I have always liked Mendoza on softball and I enjoyed her on MLB when I have watched.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Since the Dodgers don't care that most of the region can't watch their games on TV, I listen a lot on the radio. Rick Monday is clueless on play-by-play. Can't tell you how many times he says"check that," to correct a mistake, which is often the wrong score.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Someday take a minute and tune in Jerry Allen on an Oregon football or men's basketball game. A very nice man who is in completely over his head, and has been for nearly 30 years. The number of mistakes he makes that his color guy must correct, and his lack of knowledge on the basic rules, is absolutely staggering.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My mistake on Mendoza.
    Point is still the same though.
    When Shulman and Kruk were on camera going through some stuff last night, she sat there with this glazed look on her face.
    Awkward and painful to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted