1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst American pro sports fans, version 2.0

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 4, 2007.

?

Which fan-base is among the worst in the Big Four pro sports in the US, as far as fan intelligence,

1. Atlanta

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Baltimore

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Bay Area (Oakland, San Fran, San Jose)

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Boston

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Buffalo

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Charlotte, N.C.

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. Chicago

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Cincinnati

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Cleveland

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  10. Dallas-Ft. Worth

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  11. Denver

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  12. Detroit

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  13. Houston

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  14. Indianapolis

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  15. Kansas City

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  16. Los Angeles

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  17. Miami

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  18. Milwaukee-Green Bay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Minneapolis-St. Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Nashville

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  21. New Orleans

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  22. New York-New Jersey

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  23. Philadelphia

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  24. Phoenix

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  25. Pittsburgh

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  26. St. Louis

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  27. San Diego

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  28. Seattle

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  29. Tampa Bay

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  30. Washington D.C.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Those were fun times.

2. And so it will begin again ... thanks a lot Melock ...

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm here for my comedic relief.

4. Well when the hounds start bashing Philly fans again, you can defend them this time ..

5. boots

boots New Member

For the last time. Very few of you were old enough to recall the Santa Claus incident. I was. Cosell made a big deal of it and that's how the Philly rap came to being. The guy dressing up as Santa was skinny and the team was losing a game following a snow storm. The guy who was Santa didn't want to go out and he has been quoted as saying if he were in the stands, he'd throw a snow ball at himself. Oh and by the way, he wasn't pelted with snowballs. A few of his friends threw snow balls at him and then a few fans joined in.
    The Michael Irvin situation was that NO ONE KNEW how seriously injured he was. The fans cheered because he was out of the game. Football is that type of game. You cheer when the opposition is out of a contest.
    I'll never forget watching Randall Cunningham bust his ankle at Giants Stadium againg the Jets. What happened, those "rabid" J-E-T-S fans went crazy cheering as he hopped off the field with ankle dangling.
    A city where the fans don't give a shit and don't have much sports knowledge or history is Atlanta or Tampa, remember how no one went to a hockey game until the Lightning went to the Stanley Cup championship?

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

We're Philly fans....since when did we care what other people thought. Plus we know we're crazy. That's one of our many endearing qualities.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's the one thing about Philly fans - you can't say they don't care. :)

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've never cheered when a guy was carted off a field/court/rink on a back board. Neither has anybody else I know. That's a unique to Philly fans and your continued insistence on trying to defend it is why fans in the that town have such a bad reputation.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I never understood Philly fans until I lived in the area. Now I understand them, I think. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. :)

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm not defending it. I did it and so did about 65,000 other people that day. What can you do? It happened.

11. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

Get stuck on an airplane next to a Cardinals fan -- or a bandwagon-jumping Rams fan, circa 2000 -- and there's no way to avoid voting for St. Louis.

Draft saved Draft deleted