1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst album you still own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Mar 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought he did Christine Sixteen. [/fire fire fire]

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That and I'd Die Without You (from the Boomerang soundtrack, which I own) are great songs.

There's another song I've heard lately that samples Spandau Ballet's True -- is it by Outkast?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jeez. Admitting these three is going to come back to haunt me on here... And I am not even sure where an of them came from (really! Could be one of my sisters, or a H.S. girlfriend...), but I do have them sitting in storage downstairs. They are all 45s:

1) When the Rain Begins to Fall, Jermaine Jackson
    2) Let's Dance Tonight, Pia Zadora
    3) For Just a Moment (the crappy love theme from St. Elmo's Fire), David Foster

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I know which one you're talking about and I can't remember it now. Nelly, maybe?

EDIT: Nelly, definitely. Song is "N Dey Sey" from 2004 or early 2005.

5. Vanilla Ice ... it's in a crate in my closet along with Pet Shop Boys and the Prince album where he's naked on the cover ... *shiver* ...

And since I'm married I guess you could say I "own" these though they're from the wife's side of the family: Every album from New Kids on the Block ... "shiver" again.

By the way, love PM Dawn.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Color Me Badd
    SWV
    Shai
    Blackstreet
    "Posse" the soundtrack

I'm going to cry into my pillow now while listening to PM Dawn, Babyface and Brian McKnight on my iPod.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

There is NOTHING wrong with appreciating new jack unironically and on its own merits. Someone hook me up with "I'm Dreaming" by Christopher Williams, hmm?

8. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Oh yeah, I also have:

New Jack City soundtrack
    Boyz N Da Hood soundtrack
    CB4 soundtrack and ...
    a little Fu Schnickens

(I worked for the Columbia House CD club in college and got CDs for $2, that is my excuse)
    I think I win this sad, sad contest.

9. Master P, Ghetto D
    Boyz II Men, II
    and (tied for the worst) The soundtracks to Titanic and City of Angels

I will voluntarily turn in my man card for an indeterminate period of time. :-\

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I had II for the longest time. Was a favorite of mine as a high school sophomore.
    What a pussy-whipped cocksucker I was.

I can beat all of you, though. Somewhere, kicking around, I still have "Ooooooh ... on the TLC tip." Can't get around to throwing it away.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Are you nuts? CB4 soundtrack has one of the best songs EVER, the one the black power advocate releases after the group breaks up:

Awwwwwww . . .
    I'm black y'all, and I'm black y'all, and I'm blacker than black, and I'm black y'all.
    And I'm black y'all, and I'm black y'all, and I'm blacker than black, and I'm black y'all.
    I'm blickedy black blacker than black, black I'm blacker than black, yo! Because I'm black and I'm BACK!
    Yo, I'm black and I'm black, y'all, and I'm blacker than black and I'm black y'all. I'm black black black black black black black black black and I'm black, and I'm black because I'm BACK!

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

1. Ace of Base... and I sing it, all the time when I'm sick (it makes me feel better; and causes Doc to give me the look of death)
    2. Bryan Adams... oh yeah... I brought it.
    3. A mixed CD of cheesy love music I burned, including Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, and Bon Jovi.

Draft saved Draft deleted