1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst airport in the USA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Maybe, but you'd get there on time if you weren't loitering around in the bathroom, trying to pick up men.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

1. Midway
    2. The non-Delta part of Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Hey, he just has an abnormally wide pooping stance! Just like Sen. Closet!

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The Moscow/Pullman airport is so small it would be difficult to make it so rental cars weren't easy to find.

Count me among those who don't care for San Jose, though that might also have to do with a bad Hertz experience.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

In my limited travels, Newark is by far the worst. The traffic sucks, the staff sucks (and smells), the interior is about as drab, boring and inexplicably expensive as possible and good luck with getting your luggage within an hour of your arrival, if at all.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Second on Newark. Everything he says is true. No one spoke English when I was there, either, and there is no signage directing you toward... well, anywhere. Piss on that place and the smell would improve.

I've flown close to 100,000 miles in the last 10 years and I've never had a problem with Hartsfield or O'Hare ... which probably opens up the Pandora's Box of shitty karma for the next time.

7. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

O'Hare. Always delays.
    Detroit is nice on the inside, but you have to walk three miles to get to some gates and that gets old. Plus Northwest is horrible.

Cleveland is easy to get in and out of.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Along the lines of Moscow/Pullman, the South Bend airport is absolutely horseshit. We all remember the infamous Peter King MMQB story about his daughter missing the plane because he was looking for food, well after having flown out of South Bend since then I have a bit of sympathy for the little darling. It's a fucking bus terminal with airplanes. Once you go through security the only food to be found comes from a vending machine.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Well, there is the train that runs the length of the place.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Even by small airport standards, Wichita's airport makes me want to blow my brains out of boredom when I've flown there. I don't think a single emenity has been added to that place, aside from 9/11 security stuff, since the mid 70s. Nothing but brick wall upon brick wall to look at.

There's a bare-minimum style snack bar and a magazine kiosk to keep you occupied once you go through security. Easy to fly in and out of, but pray you don't have a delay.

I've noticed a lot of airports have struggled to integrate bells and whistles like restaurants, etc., in the post 9/11 era for the flying customers.

Most airports have restaurants, etc., but in many cases, they're behind the security line, and thus, inaccessible once you get to your gate unless you want to go through a major league hassle to go through security again.

The thing I noticed about Miami when I was there is there was an abandoned second floor above the gates which looked to me like it was or was planned to be commercial space. Could be wrong, but that's what it looked like.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Newburgh, NY. (SWF). It has no bar.

End of thread.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Where do the Northwest pilots hang out, then?

I recently flew from/into an airport that has only two departing and two arriving flights every day. Smalest commercial airport I've ever used.

Draft saved Draft deleted