1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst airport in the USA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Much of this was being covered in the Atlanta airport thread, but this struck me as a topic that deserves a thread of its own.

My vote goes to O'Hare. Very rarely have I had a flight there that wasn't delayed. My most recent trip, the flight was delayed because the unionized clean-up crew left before their replacements showed up. The fucking airplane was sitting there in the gate for 2 1/2 hours, while we waiting there for a clean-up crew to show up.

Bags disappear into some Twilight Zone-ish vortex. If you haven't lost a bag at O'Hare, keep flying there, you will. Maybe that UFO that was sighted there last November is taking them all.

O'Hare doesn't have the worst interior (compared to, say, Miami, which is conceivably the most soul-crushingly boring airport of all-time), but it certainly doesn't have bells and whistles other large airports have.

I hate it. I avoid it at all costs, but if you live in the Midwest, it's hard to avoid.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

O'Hare is the runaway winner... Hartsfield is the second worst...

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dulles. For a major international gateway airport the place is a disgrace to this country.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Go to Atlanta.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

DFW. Hate that place.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hey Bub, quit draftin' off my heat! ;D

7. I'll second Bubs on the Miami airport. What a god-awful place.

8. Mizzougrad96

For no specific reason, it's been years since I've flown into Dulles or JFK. It's not a conscious effort, I just usually wind up at Reagan or La Guardia or Newark. I don't remember either place being that bad...

I've never had a problem at Logan. I know people bitch about LAX all the time, but I've had good luck there too...

The last time I had a flight booked through O'Hare, I paid out of my own pocket to change it...

9. Mizzougrad96

Miami's airport does suck... I always feel like I'm in another country...

I usually try to fly into Lauderdale...

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Love Field is drab as hell, but it's easy in, easy out, the flights are cheap, and starting in 2013 or so, you'll be able to fly just about anywhere you want.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Man, can't believe I forgot about Miami. Absolute horseshit.

Everybody who works there speaks at least three languages but none of them are English.

Courtesy vehicles do not have designated pick-up and drop-off areas. You have to stand at the curb and flag them down when they drive by.

Signage is horseshit.

If you're changing planes you may have to go back thru security to get to your next gate. Depends on which terminal you arrive at. Never been to another U.S. airport with that set-up.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hobby Airport in Houston used to be like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted