1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst accents in a mainstream movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Nov 12, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Or, say, his role in Hunt for the Red October? A Lithuanian sub captain in the Russian navy sporting a Scottish brogue.

2. TrooperBari

Richard Lewis: And why should the people listen to you?
    Cary Elwes: Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent.

3. TrooperBari

Inland North here, too.

North Central was the lowest of all the marks ... odd, considering that's where I'm from.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Me, too. And I am from Chicago.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Kevin Costern in Robin Hood was gonna be my pick when I clicked on the thread.

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

pacino in carlito's way and revolution

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm proud to have spawned a four-page thread. So many bad accents brought back to mind here ...

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's called being a teenager on a date with a frisky redhead, who filled out her sweater so nicely.

Awww, those were the days. I'd go to the worst film ever if it meant being with my girlfriend.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm curious as to why there were so many high-profile Italians with Brooklyn accents in Milwaukee in the 1950s -- the Fonz, Laverne and Frank DeFazio, Carmine Ragusa....

10. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I also got Inland North, but as far as I know no one in Wisconsin calls it "pop".

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just saw such a bad movie I had to revive this thread.

Tom Hanks in Volunteers. I think it's supposed to be some kind of East Coast thing, but Lord, it was miserable.

Of course, John Candy was in it. That pretty much predestined the whole thing anyway.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Kevin Costner in Robin Hod: Prince of Thieves. Now you see it, now you don't.

Walter Koenig (Mr. Chekov) in any Star Trek.

Draft saved Draft deleted