1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worse train wreck right now: Cowboys or Redskins?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle Frosty, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Except the NFL is designed to allow teams to turn it around. Sometimes it's done in just a year or two. You have to be an incredibly poorly run franchise to always be bad.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Cowboys have been "bad" once in the last 10 years -- when they were 1-7 and fired Wade. Other than that, they're never bad. They're always almost good.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For now at least, we know the answer.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

When it comes to Jones and Snyder, I do understand that their utopia in life is being the owner of an NFL team. And as the owner, if they want to fire everyone and field a team of uncles, cousins and nephews and go 0-16 and have a jolly old time in the process .... well, it ain't for you and me to tell them otherwise.

So I expect both those guys will own their respective teams until they die or somehow are forced to sell for legal/financial reasons. And so you just understand that if you play/coach/work for them, that's part of the equation. It would absolutely kill either of those to step back and let someone else run the show because, even if the team won, you would have sucked all the enjoyment out of the process.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

Fixed.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, they've achieved mediocrity, they aren't aiming for it. They're the picture of mediocre. If they lose Sunday night, it's three 8-8 seasons in a row. The "almost good" is the mind-boggling number of games they blow every year and the reality that with a total of 10 more minutes of football, they'd be 10-6 or 11-5 most of those years.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Cowboys and Eagles are two highly inconsistent teams. The Cowboys thumped the Eagles earlier this year. The Cowboys will be playing at home. And yet, I'll bet most people on this board think Philly will win this clash of reasonably equals. Such is the Jerry Jones mystique.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Each year they are also 10 minutes of football the other way from being 6-10 or 5-11. They are the perfect picture of mediocrity. Without Romo that team would be a bottom 5 team each of the past three seasons.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

My bad. I read it wrong. I thought you said, "they're almost always good," but you actually said, "they're always almost good." Not the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted