1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worse than Theismann's injury?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I finally looked. Like someone said, the cartoonishness (not a word, I know) makes it easier to look at.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jason Kendall.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm still not watching it. Or 2G1C.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Exactly. I'm usually pretty squeamish, so I was worried, but it looks so fake that it didn't bother me.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It was not the best night to be a UFC fighter. Along with Corey Hill's broken leg, there were four other fighters who suffered "serious injuries" according to Sportsline.

http://www.sportsline.com/mma/story/11165887

Dave Meltzer chronicled the show for Wrestlingobserver.com. His notes are below:

Dave Meltzer wrote:

7. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Wow, I watched some of the fights but missed this.

The Koscheck knockout was vicious. Yoshida didn't get up for a long time.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sleeper, I just wanted to say I love you a little bit for your avatar. I think I had it for a while or I posted it in a thread, with a caption about how "Dadgummit, I am classy and we do things The Carolina Way" or something.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

His leg broke mid-kick even before it hits the other guy.
    You guys are right, it's so bizarre, it doesn't even make me squeamish.

10. The dude is 6-foot-4 and fights at 155 pounds, it almost seemed inevitable something like this was going to happen to one of his limbs.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I've been watching MMA for a long time (way back when they were "no-holds barred" shows) and this is probably the most brutal show I've seen.

Three broken bones, one really gruesome knockout and another guy that ends up looking like elephant man after taking too many knees to the head.

I think what makes it worse is that it was shown on cable, so anybody just flipping channels could have caught some of the action.

We were watching it at the office, mainly because we had a local fighting on the card, but my boss kept saying "I don't know how you watch that stuff." And everytime I looked up, he was watching it too. :)

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The one time I actually did watch a card, and Kimbo Slice was beating the crap out of some doofus' cauliflower ear until it looked like it was about to explode ... that was gruesome enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted