1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worse big-game call: All The Tostitos or Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Brent's like that guy Morrie in "Goodfellas": He talks so much, no one cares what he's saying.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

My favorite part was declaring a TD by that Oregon WR following the great one-handed catch. Dude was dragged down at the five and Oregon never scored. But apparently, Musberger called a 26-26 game.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So Jim Nantz is Ray Liotta, and Neal Pilson is De Niro?

"Think Brent tells his wife everything?"
    "Brent?"
    That's when I knew: Pilson was going to whack Brent at the Final Four. That's how it happens.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

He also uses the smile lighting up a place line fairly often. Well, at least every 30 years:

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Solid.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Musberger is awful ... always has been, always will be.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Musberger is an all-timer. Love when he calls the big games, despite the reasons why some of you think he sucks. Just feels like a big game when he's calling it.

You're looking LIVE at SJ dot com, where people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If broadcasters had to live up to SJ standards to keep their jobs, there would be like two broadcasters in the world.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That many?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Al Michaels and Vin Scully.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never heard a bad word said about Dan Shulman. The world would be a happier place if he could be cloned and be the pxp man for all games. I love him on college basketball.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

For the record, I am anti cloning of television broadcasters. Some people like Digger Phelps and Dick Vitale.

Draft saved Draft deleted