1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World's worst father?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Sick, twisted parents with pseudo-sexual perversions. I think that about covers it.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Whistling past the graveyard at the mention of "world's worst father" ...

[​IMG]

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Lindsay Lohan's dad.

4. I think the mother - now an ex-wife - said the guy had an addiction.
    She also said she was brain-washed by him and did what he told her.

That's no excuse for that.

But there could also be more to this meets the eye ..

While there is a lot of outrage going on, I don't think there is going to be anything criminal to come from it, according to what I read this morning.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Statute of limitations has expired. Too bad this didn't come out sooner.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's still an opportunity to derail and ruin his career.

7. Devin

Devin Member

She got her butt whipped for doing something she was told not to do.

What's the problem?

Seven years ago and now she doing the rounds playing the role of victim. And no, the dad should not be penalized, punished, or even scorned for whipping his child's butt for disobedience.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's so much I want to say to that post.

Instead, I'll just shake my head and weep for society that someone actually thinks the actions of that cowardly piece of shit are worthy of being defended.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There's a line between punishment and abuse. He is so far from that line it's ridiculous. If this came out sooner, he's in jail for assault. If this happened when she was much younger -- say 7 or 8 -- she's being removed from the home and he gets thrown in jail for child abuse. There is nothing OK about what he did. It's too bad there's nothing the police can do with the abuse occurring a few years ago. She may have done something wrong and needed to be disciplined, but I can't imagine what she did warranted that response. I'll echo Double J, don't even pretend to defend this guy.

10. Devin

Devin Member

If YouTube had been around when I was growing up, my parents would have been under fire and a lot of my peers parents would be under fire.

We got hit with switches (tree branches), shoes, paddles, extension cords or whatever our parents could grab hold of at the time to discipline us.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I was about to watch the video, I wanted to see something that would justify what he did, so I could say, "see parents, this guy doesn't want to be his kid's buddy, he wants to be her parent. We need more people like this."

I didn't see anything like that. The guy is a bullying piece of shit. And a lying one too. His wife said that if the girl bent over one time for her so she could whack her, that would be it for the punishment. The girl complied and got whacked. Then the "dad" (and I use that term loosely) comes in, says that he didn't get his lick in, and whacks her again.

So the "dad" is not only a bully and a coward, he's a liar as well. Hope he gets thrown out of his job on his ass.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Now THIS is how you troll.*

*because there's no way you could have meant any of that

Draft saved Draft deleted