1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World's worst father?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Perhaps not. But he may well be the world's worst father who also happens to be a family court judge.

The video that accompanies this link is definitely NSFW due to the language, but it's also not for the faint-hearted who don't like to watch children get beaten with not one but two belts - thanks for helping out, Mom! - for the egregious sin of using a computer for something not related to schoolwork.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1080137--police-probe-alleged-texas-judge-beating-video?bn=1

Daddy Dearest now claims the video "looks worse than it is." Rotten bastard.

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

It should also be noted that the child being beaten suffers from cerebral palsy.

3. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Ahhhh! Texas. Land of the free and home of the grave.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Per the note accompanying the video, which was posted by the daughter. She claims her ataxic cerebral palsy fueled her "passion for technology" and made her prone to download pirated content. Please note that I am not, in the least, defending what the father did in this video (shot in 2007).

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

The last resort of a coward who is unable to earn respect.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice to see he has a younger child.

You know, infant child abuse can cause CP.

Maybe he can hit her across the head with the belt and cure the CP? I'm sure he has tried that already.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I saw this a few days ago, and I thought it was Rick Perry. I don't get put off by most thing in life, but this video irked me. The mother is just as much to blame, although her dumb ass thought a spanking was necessary after her daughter just got destroyed with a belt. Idiots...

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I never got my lick in."

I hope there's an awful lot of Texans who take their belts off in front of this judge and remind him of this.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The video was shot in 2004. I think she was using p2p networks to download music and games, but I think I read something where it was "commercially unavailable" material. In any sense, I think a sliver of the blame has to lie with the trade groups (RIAA, MPAA) who push these outlandish campaigns equating sharing of media to a very serious crime. It's a damn civil matter. It's also not fucking piracy unless the person if profiting from the sale of the material.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just chalk it all up to "Texas Justice".

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What's the fuss? LaRussa put on the hit and run.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Please note my disclaimer -- I do not condone what this father did (and this mother abetted). I am just thinking there might be more (or less) than meets the eye here w.r.t. the cerebral palsy issue. But, to repeat ... CP or no, the father and mother were clearly in the wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted