1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World's Dumbest Song...Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Here's an obscure, obscure choice: The Most Unwanted Song. Check out the details here: http://www.diacenter.org/km/musiccd.html

The crucial part is, "The most unwanted music is over 25 minutes long, veers wildly between loud and quiet sections, between fast and slow tempos, and features timbres of extremely high and low pitch, with each dichotomy presented in abrupt transition. The most unwanted orchestra was determined to be large, and features the accordion and bagpipe (which tie at 13% as the most unwanted instrument), banjo, flute, tuba, harp, organ, synthesizer (the only instrument that appears in both the most wanted and most unwanted ensembles). An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs."

It's hard to find this online, but if you REALLY have to hear it (getting through all 25 minutes is a total chore), sections of it can be found at https://segue.middlebury.edu/index.php?&site=amst0275a-s07&section=16239&action=site
    Oh my God, nightmares. Nightmares.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Disco Duck, Rick Dees.

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Rubber Ball, by the great Bobby Vee! "Like a rubber ball/I'll come bouncing back to you ... bouncy bouncy, bouncy bouncy ... eeee ... eee-eee"

"You Talk too Much" by Joe Jones. I think one of the lines is "You talk too much/you even worry my pet." That's how I always heard it, anyway.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Amen, brutha.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They're Coming To Take Me Away (Ha Ha)

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

This is the worst song ever recorded.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What about that Barbie Girl song?