1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Voice News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kar33mSkyhook, May 9, 2007.

1. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I recieved an email from WorldVoiceNews, a D.C. based Internet news organization, about job opportunities in various reporter positions. I checked out their Web site and it looks legit, but then again I've never heard of this news site before. I looked at their "contact us" page and it only shows their address and phone number. They did provide me with a brief description thru the email.

Anyways, if anyone knows more about this company or have personally worked with them would give me more information about them, I'd appreciate it. Here's the email they sent to me:

Dear ****** ,

I recently viewed your online resume and feel you may be qualified to [*link*]apply for a position as a reporter with World Voice. World Voice is launching the world's fastest growing news organization. The power of the Internet is allowing World Voice to launch a worldwide news network, focusing on news reported by local Reporters in over 1,000 cities worldwide.

We are seeking a reporter in your local market for each of the following categories:

* Business Reporter
    * Political Reporter
    * Sports Reporter
    * Investigative Reporter
    * Restaurant Critic
    * Literary Critic
    * Movie Critic
    * Gossip Reporter

Our Reporters must have the following traits:

* Excellent Writing skills
    * Innate ability to find the truth
    * Ability to be objective and leave personal biases behind

We offer Reporters the following:

* A highly competitive compensation package
    * Worldwide exposure as part of a worldwide news organization
    * Rapid advancement opportunities

*We are seeking both full-time and part-time Reporters.
    **If you feel you are qualified to be an editor, you may also apply for that position

If you are interested in seeing if you qualify to be a reporter for a dynamic, cutting-edge news site please apply at our website:

http://employerworldvoice.com/careers.aspx?A=6707910

Regards,
    K. Anton Krueger
    World Voice

[*link*]Please, do not send me anymore employer notifications!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

RUN!!!! RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Smells like teen spirit a scam. I think I've seen something like this before that someone here posted. Basically you're qualified if you emit oxygen.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm shocked and disappointed that it took six hours to get this posted.

[​IMG]

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The pay for these rags is supposed to be pretty good, from what I've heard. Not that I'd ever sell my soul to BatBoy for the chance, but hey...

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Why not? What's the difference between writing a novel and writing for the Weekly World News? It's all fiction. It's not like you'd cite it as journalism experience on your resume.

7. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

This sounds and looks allot like the post I got at www.allheadlinenews.com

I am still waiting for a response from AHN lol.

8. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Speaking of "Smells like Teen Spirit," take a look at this article on "Curt Cobain." You might be right about this.

Music
    Own A Piece Of Curt Cobain

The widow (Courtney Love) of Nirvana's front man Curt Cobain has decided to auction off her late husbands personal items. Courtney Love released a statement to the media saying that "I have decided to sell Curt's things because I did not want my daughter to inherit alot of flannel shirts". Love said "she has a whole house full of her late husbands belongings and the majority of the money will go to charities".

People were speculating that Love needed the money but what they fail to realize that Cobain's estate beat out Elvis Presley's last year in earnings. So, the she needs money rumor is false. Love did the smart thing and hired a firm to help her with Cobain's estate just like Pricilla Presley did many years ago which helped the Presley estate to make millions.

Flash back in time: The events that led up to Cobain's suicide. According to Cobain's bio-on March 4, 1994 Cobain was rushed to the hospital in a coma after an unsuccessful suicide. He had swallowed about 50 prescription pills with champagne. The suicide bid was officially called an accident and was not made known to close friends and associates. Days later after returning to Seattle, Courtney Love (wife), friends and managers convinced Cobain to enter a detox program in L.A. According to a missing person's report filed by Cobain's mother, he had fled the detox program after only a few days. Cobain was cited with a shot gun in Seattle. A few days later on April 5th he barricaded himself into the granny flat behind his mansion and killed himself. His body was discovered on April 8th by an electrician coming to do some work on the house. Cobain left a suicide letter to his wife Courtney and daughter Francis Bean. The last words of the suicide note said "I Love You, I Love You".

9. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Hey for the people that got worried about this site and its emails about getting a job.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/178253/world_voice_news_scam_.html

I actually got a call from them earlier today and that is what got me to check them out. They are not really scamming you like asking for credit card info etc. But they will destroy your email with spam.

I am not sure about All Headline News yet. But I did get a call from the sports editor last week and he said the big guy was supposed to call to finish the application process. That was a week ago now and I have not heard back from them since. I will post it here if I find out some more info. But for now WORLD VOICE NEWS AKA USA VOICE IS A SCAM.

10. donaugust

donaugust Member

Draft saved Draft deleted