1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 9, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cheney finishes reading My Pet Goat to Bush while Bush is flying somewhere over Missouri on Air Force One.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that Stone had the balls to call it World Trade Center, thus giving it the weight of being the definitive 9/11 movie.

I haven't seen it, nor do I plan to. I can't even watch the things the History Channel is showing lately.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OMG! COCKDIAN wrote a review of this film on Myspace.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Man what are you talking about.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Talk about damning someone with faint praise.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet this movie is funnier than "You, Me and Dupree"

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Zing!!!

you need to be one of those guys that just offers fluff reviews of truly awful flicks just to end up on the poster.

Alone In The Dark II is "FUNNIER THAN YOU, ME AND DUPREE!!!"--MizzougradBlog

8. joe

joe Active Member

Did we catch Osama yet? I know, I'll bet he's one of those snakes on a plane.

9. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

**SOME POSSIBLE SPOILER MATERIAL BELOW**

Saw the movie recently. I concur with the "eh" review. It seemed like a Lifetime movie with stars in it ... if you want to call Nic Cage a star.

I love Maggie Gyllenhaal, I mean LOVE her, but she was average in this role. Michael Pena was pretty good. I was looking for some insight into what it was like to be responding to that mess. I guess there was some of that, but the film devolved into a story about how the families dealt with the possible loss of the two Port Authority cops. You know they're going to be OK. So the movie loses its hook right there.

I'll admit that I got a little watery over one scene in particular late in the movie. It didn't deserve the waterworks. I blame Mrs. Passy.

10. DENNY

DENNY Guest

Saw this on Saturday.

I was expecting it to be better. It was the first 9-11 movie I've watched, and it definitely brings back all of those feelings.

PaseanaARG's review is about right.

There were a lot of people with watery eyes leaving the theatre. There was a decent crowd there for an early afternoon movie.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

we knew how "apollo 13" and "a perfect storm" were going to end, too, but they were still powerful to me. i suspect this will be, too. 8) 8) 8)

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's all of the things it's supposed to be.
    But it's like "Passion of the Christ." Yeah, it's well made and yeah it does what it was supposed to do. But I didn't walk out of it saying "Wow, great movie" and would have felt like shit saying "Wow, that movie sucked didn't it?"

Draft saved Draft deleted