1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Series or Super Bowl: Which ending was more heart wrenching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Feb 19, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

As a Seahawk fan the pain of that loss far outweighs the joy of when they won. If they had been blownout or even failed to get close on that final drive I would have been fine. Just not the way it ended.

I really thought I had gotten to the point where the w/l didn't matter, or at least were forgotten the next day. I still replay that interception over and over.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This isn't even a debate, if we are focusing solely on the endings themselves.

A stupid play call kept the Seahawks from WINNING the Super Bowl. A fairly by-the-book call kept the Royals from only possibly TYING the World Series.

Now if we are asking which team/fanbase was more crushed by not winning it all, regardless of how it ended, the answer is obviously the Royals. But they would get the nod there if they had been blown out in Game 7.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That was pretty true to how the night had gone, Perez had been swinging like he had a 6-foot bat.

They also had Willingham available, he is arguably better than Perez. The problem is they had essentially no backup catcher if it did go extras.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure in that particular moment injured and exhausted Perez was clearly better. Perez had essentially no shit at getting a hit. The Royals at least had other guys who might beat out a dribbler, chopper or bunt. But I've spent way too much time wondering which of the shitty options available to the Royals was the least shitty.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

neither was heart-breaking

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Super Bowl, and it's not even close.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Give me a freaking break. How the hell do you know how anguished he was?

Draft saved Draft deleted