1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Series of Poker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Apr 2, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Perhaps, but for the better, no? And forever, the list of WSOP winners will have to have an asterisk next to 2008 explaining that is when the event began moving its final table to four months after the rest of the event; the change makes it champions of the ME from here on out different to those before.

That said, I like the change enough to at least give it a chance. Let it be known, though, I ordered the PPV of the final table last season and watched about 90 percent of the 16 hours, only missing some because of a nap.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The delay is horrible. Also said this on the Sports and News thread, but it's a very basic manipulation of the game that's completely ridiculous if ESPN wants viewers to think of poker as even remotely on par with real sports. You don't stop the game, send everyone home to rest up and study, then resume the game FOUR months later.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hell, it's worked for the BCS.

Draft saved Draft deleted