1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Series of Poker 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just the facts ma am, May 31, 2015.

1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The actor, James Woods, made the final table of an early event. That was fun:

World Series of Poker - Official Tournament Coverage and Results

The video streaming is now very professional with HD quality and few glitches. The main narrator, David Tuchman, gets better every year and has interesting guests in the booth. Archives are here:

World Series of Poker - Official Tournament Coverage and Results

For the live final table broadcasts ("streams") there are no set starting times, you need to check out the WSOP twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/wsop

Current and historical written updates, chip counts, prize pools and results of the various events can be found here, use the tabs, and down arrow menus to navigate.

Tournament Chipcounts | Official World Series of Poker Online

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Last I heard, which was a couple hours before it started, was that there were more than 20,000 people signed up for the $565 Colossus event. A guy I know played, but I think he crapped out pretty early.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is still a thing?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't it be?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I knew it still existed.

I didn't know anyone talked about it anymore.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I went to a WSOP almost 10 years ago. It was fine, but I couldn't handle it for more than the one day we were there. I got to meet Shannon Elizabeth, though, so there's that.

Apparently, at one point for 10 minutes or so, I was standing in the lobby of the Rio next to one of the most famous poker players in the world. I had no idea. Couldn't tell you who he was now, either, other than he was wearing a terrible leather vest and sunglasses.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Scotty Nguyen?
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted