1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Series dates?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Aug 18, 2008.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

All,

My favorite team looks to have a chance to make the World Series this year, and I want to take my vacation while the WS games are being played.

However, I can't find anywhere what date the Series is supposed to start, and what days will be off during the Series. I do know they decided to start it in the middle of the week a couple of years ago. I've looked at MLB.com and all the sports sites and can't seem to find the info.

If anyone can point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

According to Wikipedia, the Series is supposed to start on Oct. 22. Game 7 would be Oct. 30.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dare anyone to find that information on MLB.com to confirm it.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Seven games played in eight days?

5. seven in nine, and it's the same format they always use (play-play-off-play-play-play-off-play-play).

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hack. I totally forgot to give Wikipedia a try.

And Ace, I was all over that damn MLB.com site and couldn't find it. You'd think the official site of the league would have that info somewhere.

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Indeed, the "important dates" page on MLB.com jumps from the last day of the regular season (Sept. 28) to the GM/owner meetings Nov. 3-6. Apparently MLB doesn't feel playoff dates are important.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/important_dates.jsp

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I looked all over trying to confirm that for a caller one day. Pissed me off.

Funny that the AP baseball calendar, which normally lists such things, doesn't have it either.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I checked MLB.com and Yahoo!, and I got nothing. What a joke.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

So we're talking Game 3 Saturday, Oct. 25? Excellent - the night of my brother's bachelor party (at a local pool hall).

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not good. Strippers are gonna block the view of the game.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hmmm...is that fan interference? I may need a ruling...

Draft saved Draft deleted