1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Junior HockeyGold Medal Game: Congrats to the USA. One helluva game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Re: Running World Junior Hockey Championship Thread

Final 16-0 Canada. I have seen beer league shinny that was more competitive. Sweden smoked the Czechs, who seem to be going backwards rapidly, 10-1.

JR's right, McGuire is getting insufferable early. Bitching about no assist being awarded on the first goal, Christ....

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yanks down 2-1 after one against Slovakia in an infinitely more competitive game than the Canuckistanis laugher. Big hits, big shots and great saves.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Final score 7-3 for the Amerks.

I know it won't happen again to the extent it happened today, but I hope Canada does much the same thing in every game of this tournament - get out to a fast lead, then step on the other team's collective fucking throat. :D

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

With any luck Latvia won't be in the tournament next year.

The Mimico Tuesday Night Beer Leaguers--all drunk--would have probably played better than Latvia.

As one esteemed member of the Tuesday night league said, "I play drunk because I practice drunk".

But then, he's under house arrest, so there you go. :)

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hockey players drink to excess?

Colour me shocked. ;D

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Define "to excess"

More than six beers after the game? :)

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Charlie Sheen's "to excess" probably differs at least a bit from that of his wife. [/crossthreading]

But yeah, more than six after the game might be slightly to excess. I suppose it also depends on how many were consumed during/prior to the game...... ;)

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"After the game" means beers consumed either in the dressing room or parking lot.

You gotta factor in post game Goose beers---that'll take you up to at least ten or a dozen. :)

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

See, now you're talking!! :D

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

One of the most amazing things I've ever covered was the Red Wings getting double figures in back-to-back games in 1992. They beat the Lightning 10-5 on 11/23 and beat the Blues 11-6 on 11/25.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd love to have seen that. Even if it was the Wings. ;)

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Amerks will be a tough test for the Canuckistanis. Very talented, as usual, they played really well even when down 2-0. John Carlson is a high-end offensive d-man and they have plenty of other forwards who can score. If their goaltending can hold up - always a big "if" for them - they are legit contenders. Already looking ahead to New Year's Eve since Canada's schedule is shite until then.

Draft saved Draft deleted