1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Junior Hockey Championships in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is anyone here going to be at World Juniors?

If so, PM me.

Thanks.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Would like to see about getting to a game, but not sure just yet. If I do, it won't be until at least Jan. 2.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I might go see the Czech-Swede exhibtion if I've got nothing better to do that night. Will probably cover the Canada-Sweden exh. game at the ACC.

4. Claws for Concern

Actually, I'm thinking the only game I'll be able to get to is Jan. 3 semifinal game -- the early one at 3:30 p.m. to be exact. Going to look at ticket prices now and hope I don't have to take out a loan to get one.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you can get tickets at all for that game (other than through a scalper) I'd be surprised.
    Another hockey trip? Nice.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was offered a package for all games at Scotiabank Place. The price: $1500....

7. Claws for Concern

Best price I'm seeing on the site that's linked to HockeyCanada.ca is $106 per ticket for the 300s level. There's also a single ticket for a 100 level seat for $151.

Looks like right now, without knowing which teams will be there, the going rate is about $100 or so per ticket.

8. I used to hate the WJC because it used to take away the best players from my favorite holiday tournament: the Great Lakes Invitational. Now that I'm grown up (and have the NHL Network, thus, tons of tourney broadcasts), I'm looking forward to parking my ass in front of the TV and watching some great international hockey while slamming Canadians like Molson's going tits up.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And you can still watch the GLI

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If possible, I'm going to try and go this when it goes to Buffalo in 2011. Til then, I have the NHLN like everyone else.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, is the NHL network showing the games in the US?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I hope so..

Draft saved Draft deleted