1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Junior Hockey Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I think that's a little strict. With the match penalty he was guaranteed one game to begin with. It was a borderline head shot to begin with. I figured that would more than suffice.

Is DeHaan still out or will he be back? Schwartz also got nicked in the game against the Czechs. lineup starting to look a little thin.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought the officiating was shit both ways in the Czech game. I wasn't on the business end of it but that five-minute major they handed the Czechs for spearing looked a little suspect. A deuce, yeah, a major, no.

And they handed out another really cheesy minor that gave the Canucks a 5-on-3. Even McGuire had to admit it was a horseshit call.

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

A game for the head-hit and a game for being so ridiculously late. That seems fair to me.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So he got three games for a borderline head shot. The late hit's worth maybe a two minute minor for interference.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm sorry, JR. I once had a three-hour wait at the Peace Arch south of Vancouver, BC. Both countries need to find a solution to these things.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

In no way was the hit "ridiculously late.". And neither was it a full two seconds after the pass, as somebody else said.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm with Sea Bass on this one. One game, maybe. Two games is ridiculous. If it had been someone other than Kassian it would have been one.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

it wasn't ridiculously late and it wasn't a head shot. Should have been 0 games. Keep your head up.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with my pal HC here. Kassian's reputation preceded him to Buffalo.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Two games was one too many. The only reason a penalty was called was because the Czech player had to be taken off on a stretcher.

Canada up 7-1 on Norway after two periods.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And let's remember the tournament disciplinarian is Dan Marouelli who I'm sure remembered Kassian's hit on |Barrie Colt's Matt Kennedy, a hit which drew him a 20 game suspension in the OHL

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Out of curiosity is this tournament at all registering even a blip in the US outside of Buffalo?

oh and Roy looks like crap in net so far for Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted