1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Junior Hockey Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Every player except two - Nathan Horton and Brent Burns. They were still stuck in the AHL and not made available for the tournament. Can't imagine that team being any stronger, but Horton would have improved them for sure. Burns might have been only a depth guy.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Unless it has changed, coaches have to apply and there is an interview process with Hockey Canada. Obviously there is special consideration to coaches who have previously been assistants. Hockey Canada also chooses assistants through this process as well.

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I would have taken Tyler Toffoli in a second, yet he didn't even get invited to the final camp... which is odd because he was involved in the "Program of Excellence" before this year. He's strong, he's aware in both ends, and he definitely puts the puck in the net.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

over who? We all say this guy should have been there but nobody says who they should replace. I doubt many people on this board have seen the majority of these players play like Hockey Canada has. I think with their track record I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Asked a lot of NHL players/coaches what they thought. Most said the biggest mistake Canada made was not dumping the puck in as much as they had been. The Canadians changed their game in the third,p and the feeling was that changed momentum as much as anything else.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I owe money to some in-laws from wagers on the US/Canada game.

I think I'm going to see if I can find a way to pay it off in rubles.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The sale of the tickets has a lot of people in Calgary pissed off.

The organizers let people buy up to 6 sets of tickets but did not anticipate that so many would. If you had the right to buy tix via the lottery you may have never had the chance because they got snapped up before your turn came.

My co-worker's father bought Hitmen season tix and then donated them to charity just to get a priority place in line to buy WJC tix.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's what the woman in the clip I posted said.

Well, I guess it's unfortunate but half a million tickets were sold for a hockey tournament that takes place a year from now.

We have created an out-of-control monster.

Draft saved Draft deleted