1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Cup spinoff - Who should US start for red-card casualties Pope and Pablo?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to soccer (and many other things, but let's focus on futbol for now), so I come to you very humbly when I ask this question:

When a player receives a red card does that mean the team can not replace him on the field during that match? Are there any exceptions? That was the impression I get from all this 10 against 9 business, but, again, I have no idea on soccer. I watched the final five minutes today and really enjoyed it, though I had no idea what I was watching. I might even watch all of the next one.

It is much easier to attempt watching since the matches aren't on a 3 a.m. ala four years ago.

Thanks for your patience. Please be gentle.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Correct.

3. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Yes, when a player gets a red the team loses that player for the rest of the game, and no one can sub in in his place. the player also must sit out the next game.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: World Cup spinoff - Who should US start for red-card casualties Pope and Pab

For USA or Ghana? :D

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: World Cup spinoff - Who should US start for red-card casualties Pope and Pab

Overheard when strolling near restaurant fans after DC United-Galaxy game last week at Home Depot center:

Man: "I thought Fredddy Adu was with the World Cup team."

Woman: "Are they playing right now?"

Draft saved Draft deleted