1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Workout music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I know we've done this topic before, but it's been awhile. I'm looking for some new tunes for my mp3 player to use during my running/workout regimen. What do you listen to while you run or work out?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Anything that scares the neighbors, but mostly Pantera.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Pro wresting entrance music is fantastic for this. Miz's I Came To Play and Christian's theme song are the best.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You can only fake workout to those.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good description of what I do at a gym.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Girl Talk.

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The Rocky Soundtrack

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tool - "Stinkfist" - I think it's actually a song about drug addiction, but there are a ton of great lyrics that are applicable to a masochistic cardio workout: "It's not enough, I need more, nothing seems to satisfy, I don't want it, I just need it to breathe, to feel, to know i'm alive..."

On my playlist I also have, among others, "The Rising" by Bruce Springsteen, "She's a River" by Simple Minds, "Crackerman" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Thunderstruck" and "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC, "Boom" by P.O.D., "Shadow of the Season" by Screaming Trees, "Porch" by Pearl Jam.

9. The most useful things on the mp3 player I take to the gym are A Wilhelm Scream, Darkest Hour and (older) Thrice songs.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Black Parade (My Chemical Romance) is more important than my shoes.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Also, the national anthem while I warm up, and God Bless America during my third water break.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Like to start my work outs with Gimme Shelter - get that Adrenalin rush going.

Usually like to work in Paranoid somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted