1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Working with early deadlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by naturenick, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We recently went from about 11:30 pm to 9:30 pm and I'm definitely still adjusting. One factor different from many others here is that preps is not huge in our town. We have a lot of transplants in town who have no connection to the schools.

So, we've decided to cut way back on how many preps games we actually cover. We are making a big effort to get scores in every night, but by my reasoning we could keep doing what we've always done, which the public isn't exactly clammoring for anyway, only now we'd be doing it worse, thanks to the deadline.

Our goal is to dump that time into more features and analysis, stuff that's sometimes slipped through the cracks in the past because we've been spending our time and print space on gamers. Im hoping it's all more share-able online, too. It definitely takes more initiative and planning but I think we will end up better for it.

2. LendelS

LendelS New Member

Yeah, I am also agree with you in this case. It different from places to places.

Draft saved Draft deleted