1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Working Overtime

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SoSueMe, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Based on the subject name "Working Overtime" I would have bet a million dollars that this thread was on a shop not paying someone for working extra hours.
    I guess that's just another example why one should never assume.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

That's one of my favourite Simpsons!

"Now, get to the workin' overtime part!"

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Sil
    There are two overtime periods. In a silver goal overtime, if one team takes the lead in the first period and holds it until the end of the period, then the second period wouldn't be played.

In a golden goal, think sudden death. First team to score wins in overtime.

4. Mira

Mira Member

There was a collegiate women's hockey team that went four OT sessions this past weekend. Now that's painful.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

I think you and I covered the same hoops contests this year.

6. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

This is a great line.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Make it SIX consecutive games gone to OT now. This is outta control.

If you throw in the gamer I did over the phone Sunday night, I'm at seven straight. That one was double-OT.

8. girl friday

girl friday Member

you're not alone -- i was all set to share my tales of no-OT pay woe...

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never experienced a long string of OTs like that, but in my interview for my first paper out of the Navy, I was asked to cover a high school baseball playoff game, with very strict emphasis on the deadline.

The game, of course, went to extra innings and ended with a dramatic home run. And I ended up going well over deadline as a result.

Still got the job, but I was sweating.

10. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

I started at the paper I'm currently working at in September just as the fall was starting. I had a string of about four out of five games I went to ended in a tie...quite a few 0-0, including my first one here.

Talk about a bad omen

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Two years ago I had three consecutive football Friday nights go overtime. I thought that sucked, until this year when I was at a series of four basketball games JV and varsity boys and girls. Three of the four went to an overtime. That really sucked.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Can't fully write them until they're over.

Draft saved Draft deleted