1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Working for the devil ... one man's tale of working for Lenny Dykstra

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What kind of person "borrows" $23,000 from his mom to charter plane instead of just buying a plane ticket?

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Nicely done. Beat me to it.

To echo another post, I'm afraid that Dykstra is one of the more likely people to end up either hanging off a chair stool or shooting himself in the mouth. All of the signs are there. Financial trouble, self-delusion, alienation of his wife and other family members.

The guy will soon find himself all alone and that's not a good thing.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

problem with that?

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Nope.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Here's my take on Dykstra as a financial guru:

He parlayed the money he made as a player into a real estate deal when times were flush, something that most anyone could have done with the right amount of startup money.
    He took that money and did well with some stock picks when the market was overflowing, again, something that most anyone with substantial money and a few educated guesses could have done.
    Now that real estate and the stock market are in the crapper and you actually have to KNOW what you are doing, he is being exposed as a fraud that just got lucky.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bro!

Dude!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nails!

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just got my 12th-one's-free car wash there yesterday; Nails not only owns the highest-profile corner in Corona CA (complete with a huge gas station and at least a half-dozen national food chains on the lots) he's also on the verge of opening ArcAngels Sports Bar in a strip mall across the I-15 from his car wash.

His brother who works at the car wash lives a few doors down from me and has for years -- I'd always assumed Nails bought the brother the house, but the brother recently moved a couple houses further down "to save more money on the rent now that my lease was up." I guess I should keep my eye open for Nails to move in!

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

And to hit you up for a loan.

"Bro, all those guys are fucking me in the ass. C'mon dude. The checks will be in my account by Tuesday. I'm good for the $35,000."

11. has anybody in the history of the world ever been less funny than you?

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted