1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Working for the devil ... one man's tale of working for Lenny Dykstra

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 16, 2009.

1. blueview

blueview Member

On all accounts and testimonal on this thread, I agree. None of this surprises me about Dykstra. Once a con man, always a con man.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was a good read for a piece turned by a damned photog.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

ESPN.com piles on:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4084962

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Note to self, do not fuck with Doctor Festus Dada

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Dykstra will end up screwing over the wrong dude one day and then he'll disappear.

What a fuckup.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The REAL Nigerian Nightmare.

7. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Honestly, and I hate to sound morbid, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Lenny Dykstra has committed suicide sometime in the near future.

The guy is clearly fucked up. I mean, calling up his mother, who he refused to speak to for however long, to beg her to use her credit card so he could fucking fly out of somewhere. He was always crazy on the field, but it's not doing him any good in the business world.

How many fucking lawsuits can this guy have pile against him and how much debt can he fall into before he either crosses the wrong people or figures the only way out is via the business end of a pistol? This is a classic case of a fucked-up guy whose whole life is a house of cards that's collapsing on him.

For his sake, and I don't care how big of an asshole he his, I hope he wisens up, makes amends and starts living a more humble life before he winds up dead.

FYI, his kid is a pretty decent prospect with the Brewers. If he makes it to Milwaukee in the next several years, he and Prince Fielder might have a lot to talk about with strained father-son relationships.

8. stix

stix Well-Known Member

LOL, this cracked me up.

Any dude who says he's not afraid of anyone because he can use a scalpel on a patient from the neck to the pubis, or whatever the guy said, scares the shit out of me.

9. stix

stix Well-Known Member

And speaking of fucked-up members of the '93 Philles, anyone remember that SportsCenter piece on Darren Daulton a few years back.

About how he's gone totally nuts and claims to do something called "astral travel," in which he "skips through time," when he sleeps. He also claimed to know when the world will come to an end. Thing is, Daulton claims he's competely sane and that it's everyone who doesn't believe in "astral travel" and the crap that he does is crazy.

Very bizarre. A budy of mine used to have that on DVR, and we would watch it all the time. It was just beyond belief.

I guess drinking all the alcohol and doing all the drugs those guys supposedly did takes its toll.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't forget the journalism aspect to this story...Until it all came crashing down Marketwatch had Lenny Dipshit writing a regular column. Jock-sniffers.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That team gave new meaning to the term "colorful".

I think it was Daulton who referred to the '93 Phillies as 24 morons and a Mormon." Then when Dale Murphy retired they were just "25 morons."

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's going to be an even bigger story to read when Lenny Dykstra goes into confessinonal mode.

I bet he gambles away a lot of money.

Draft saved Draft deleted