1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worker in the newsroom hits someone in the head hard enough to draw blood.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2012.

1. The first rule of working with a guy who punches himself in the head is we don't talk about the guy who punches himself in the head.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I would consider this lucky. Most folks in the newsroom probably want to slit their own throat. Just punching yourself in the head is no big deal.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm laughing...just laughing my ass off at work here.

If I fall over laughing and draw blood by hitting my head on the desk...so be it. This is awesome!

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Once had a writer who crapped on the toilet seat and puked in the sink without cleaning it up.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Once knew a guy that crapped his pants on a football Friday night. Then came back to work the phones thinking no one would notice the stench. Bad chicken.

6. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Once had an ad design guy stumble into the newsroom after giving himself slashes across the wrists -- weren't deep enough to kill him but were deep enough to draw a lot of attention and get blood everywhere

7. joe

joe Active Member

Once saw a guy stub his toe. It looked like it kinda hurt.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A bit off-topic...what if someone shows up for work hammered? Do you call them on it? Or just call HR?
    Personally? I think anything done before work if your time...if you show up shit-faced and can still perform your job (albeit maybe not as well) should you get in trouble?
    More a "what if?" than something that has happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted