1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Work from home jobs for moms?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Apr 10, 2009.

1. My wife is going to be taking off some time from her job for a baby, and we're talking about trying to find something she can do at home -- but not telemarketing -- to bring in a few extra hundred dollars a month while I'm going back to school.

Anyone ever heard of any ideas, or even executed one? It doesn't have to be intellectually stimulating, just mindless and for some sort of pay.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Run a brothel in your basement. The stimulation might not be intellectual.....

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Damn. One post in, and all of my guns have been fired.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Answering service.

You take incoming calls from businesses that want a live person answering their phone calls but don't want to hire their own people.

5. That exists? Then what? You just forward it along to the right person or something?

That's interesting.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"Oscar! It's your mom!"

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My maid died.

8. RickStain

You'll have a script, depending on the business. My mom is an ad manager for a company that does it.

Their customers include doctors (the answerers are supposed to give the caller the option to either refer them to the on-call doctor as the local hospital or send it to their regular doctor's voice mail), the electric company (there's a computer database they enter outage reports into), and a few others.

9. Interesting. And it's not a scam? It's legit?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There are a number of organizations that sell stuff through house parties (think Tupperware, but updated). My sister has worked for a couple of them and really enjoyed it. The one she's working for now, which sells scrapbooking supplies, also gave her a Web site to sell the products. I don't know the particulars, but she's been fairly happy doing it.

11. RickStain

Perfectly legit. It's an answering service. It's like outsourcing your receptionist.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've done Tupperware, Pampered Chef and am currently selling Avon. Avon's really easy, and you can set up your own Web site.

Draft saved Draft deleted