1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Work for the Richmond T-D? You're officially below average

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

http://www.styleweekly.com/article.asp?idarticle=12621

This week's version of "dumb corporate trolls come to town and sink morale."

2. Grey

Grey Member

yeah, read about that mess in the SE job thread. the thing that REALLY got me was their dorky management folks chickening out on commenting on this subject, or, apparently, any other. talk about hypocritical! sounds like they are creating an atmosphere of misery that they also will have to endure. here's hoping they learn karma can be a MF.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

So sports journalists there now have to deal with the fact that advertising can't generate revenue?

WTF?

4. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Do not believe everything you read.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was a great article. I like how it made sure to point out the big problems in the industry are coming from within.

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

In this case, I DO believe everything I read ... I spent nearly five years at a MG paper, and frequently heard stories from the editor and publisher about the goings-on among the corporate biggies, Morton and Silvestri in particular ... I know that Morton would love nothing better than to see the union at the T-D just go away, and will do anything to accomplish that and help other papers get rid of their unions ... in fact, he was the guy that approved the deal that sent mid-level editors from MG papers to work in Youngstown, Ohio, during the strike there (I know this because a guy from our paper spent a month there, working seven days a week for some significant dollars, as well as drawing full salary and benefits from MG).

7. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Certainly your right to believe what you want to believe - especially since you obviously witnessed a lot of it first hand.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Who are you? Fox or Scully?

9. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Is that from TV show? Is Mulder in that one?

10. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Yeah, him and that freaky dude from the in-bred family ...

[​IMG]

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Release the hounds!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted