1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words of advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 27, 2007.

1. For those of you searching for guidance I present SportsJournalists.com's Words of Advice thread.

All the advice you could every want about crap no one other than you could care about from a bunch of anonymous pricks who couldn't make a give-a-shit sandwich with two slices of bread!

;D

Don't play pool with anyone whose first name is a city.

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Don't piss into the wind.

Lord loves a working man; don;t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Neslon Algren once said, "Never sleep with a woman whose problems are worse than your own."

Can't say I've ever taken that one to heart.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

There's three rules that I live by:

Never get less than 12 hours' sleep;
    Never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city;
    and never go near a lady who's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body.

You stick with that, everything else is cream cheese.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Be thankful for what you've got, there's always someone else who has more/something better.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't get crabs.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When you live with a girl (and things are rockier than a Vermont quarry) and one night when she's feeling unusually spry for the first time in a few weeks and wants to whip up a meal she and her dad often ate, don't, I repeat, DON'T say, "That's stupid." Because even though you didn't mean it, that will be the final nail on the doomed relationship, and the end of the living arrangement.

Stupidest thing I ever said. Sad thing is, I really did want to make that meal. But by that point, the relationship was doomed so what was the point?

Four and a half years later, I think she would agree. At the time, though, nothing I'd ever said hurt someone as much as that line.

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

As my cousin once told me, never pass up a chance to have sex with a gymnast.

The same cousin also told me, "Be sure and wrap that rascal."

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

as someone who ha been with a gymnast, i agree. she was my first so i didnt utilize her as well as i could have.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Did she use you as an apparatus?

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Don't argue with the people who prepare your food.

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Don't dip your pen in the company ink.

Draft saved Draft deleted