1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words can't describe how bad the Dan Patrick show is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wingo is the generic ESPN weekend/fill-in host. Golic can't carry it. I've heard very little so far, but the most annoying tic are Wingo's segues. brutal. When does Greeny's vacation end?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was listening to CBS Sports Radio the other night, via my local sports station. The four idiots on the air spent at least five minutes on cutting one of the guy's toenail, described as "Long, thick, curved and kind of jaundiced looking". "Get that mic in there so we can hear every little crack and pop"... yeah. I say at least five minutes because it was about that long before I hit the button. I thought they'd go back to work, but noooo, they were in middle aged frat boy mode to stay. If they'd had access to a keg they might never have surfaced again.

I don't know whose show it was, and I don't want to know. Jaysus. This is entertainment? Sports news?

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Also worth noting: After a serious discussion on Trey & Mike about terrible football injuries, Booger McFarland wrapped with, "But you know, that's why we watch the NFL! For the vicous hits!" Followed by HARHARHARHAR all around...

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Speaking of vicious hits...

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

You unearth an 8-year1old thread for Lupica?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not only is there a ton of commercial breaks, but every fucking thing is sponsored by somebody.
    "Now, let's go to the Progressive Insurance hotline and talk to Nick Saban.......his appearance is being brought to you by Ford......."
    The ticker is sponsored. The updates are sponsored. Everything is sponsored.
    I get that ESPN is a network full of whores, but good gracious.......leave some of it alone.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And now the local ESPN shows have copied it, so if you listen you'll be treated to the "Al's Tree Service hotline" callout before they bring on a guest.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That was ESPN Radio.

And...

[​IMG]

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Dude. I don't *wanna* get that show.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think the odds of him reuniting with Golic in three years are better than the odds of his morning show lasting that long.

12. Neutral Corner

And I'm completely fine with that. There are more podcasts and articles than I can consume as it is. I won't miss missing this.

Draft saved Draft deleted