1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words can't describe how bad the Dan Patrick show is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lupica? LOL. Caillou has more entertainment value.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Some posters in this unearthed jewel of a thread we haven't heard from in a while.

Dan Patrick is actually better than most of the national guys. I agree that Czabe is the best. Others, like Rome and Ferrall, are instant click-offs.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Ferrell is awful. Used to listen to WFAN before bed as a kid and would hate when I heard his horrible voice on the overnight. Steve Somers he is not.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ferrell has the typical "I'm gonna try and sound like I smoke Lucky Strike unfiltereds and drink Jack Daniels straight at 7 in the morning" voice. And I'm gonna be mean and nasty and a prick to all the callers who don't agree with me" persona
    Click.
    Jim Everett should have broken Rome's neck when he had the chance.
    Click.
    All the yuk yuk on DP gets a little old after a while.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You should have heard him hubba-hubbaing about his time on the set of that silly Adam Sandler-Jennifer Aniston-Nicole Kidman-Brooklyn Decker movie "Just Go With It." Read somewhere that Patrick has been in something like nine Sandler films.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That alone would condemn him in front of St. Peter.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I find the sub textual homoeroticism of the DP Show to be mildly amusing but it lacks the staying power to maintain my interest level longer than a quick encounter

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I had a period, maybe five years ago, where I would regularly watch DP on TV in the late mornings. The frat-boy interaction eventually turned me off. I do think he gets the best guests, though, if you're not married to the sports-only rule.

Cowherd, who I also listened to for a while, just became irritating to me. After a while, I realized that I'd rather have classic rock as background noise, always.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I would almost give Wingo a try except that I still think Golic is useless, there's too much ESPN self-promotion and a ton of commercials. Which isn't a surprise since that show's gotta be the only real cash cow for ESPN Radio.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I swapped out ESPN Radio for an classic country station and Fox Sports Radio for a Hispanic radio station. I'm much less likely to drive off the road while rolling my eyes at the inane HOT TAKEZ when the DJs are talking about Johnny Cash or George Jones or in a language I only partly understand.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wingo is making Greenberg look like The Most Interesting Man in the World, while Golic has returned to the stammering newbie of Mike & Mike from 2003.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Is someone not writing Golic's material anymore?

Draft saved Draft deleted