1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woody should be glad Doyel isn't his editor ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Woody is a really good guy. He has a high opinion of himself, but is able to step back and laugh at himself as well. He really doesn't take himself that seriously.

Lord knows with what he does on ESPN, he opens himself up for criticism. That's fair. But, what Doyel did is beyond chickenshit, even if he did put his name on it.

2. Mizzougrad96

I've spent many a night listening to Paige's stories and he's a great guy who always picks up the check when he was out with a bunch of young hacks. The worst I would say about him is that he has a high opinion of himself, and the great ones usually do.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I didn't see a problem with Paige's lede

4. It's just unprofessional. And it opens you up to the same criticism should you offer up a less-than-stellar lede someday.

5. Mizzougrad96

Not his best, but certainly not at a level where it would merit being ripped on a national website.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe he's looking for a fight...

7. Mizzougrad96

If I'm not mistaken, Woody is about 62...

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'd still take him in a cage match over Doyel.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Wow, some really insightful stuff, Doyel.

Steelers suck. Well, maybe they don't.

Jesus. It's like freaking third grade.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm with you. I mean, I wouldn't exactly call it good, and he did beat the point to death. But I was expecting something truly awful, and it wasn't that.

11. As is true of most bullies, I suspect you could knock Doyel down with a stern expression.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

There are those writers/columnists who can elegantly work their opinions/insights/themselves into columns/blogs.

And then there's Gregg Doyel.

Draft saved Draft deleted