1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woody should be glad Doyel isn't his editor ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ever wonder why, in movies, the bad guys always attack the good guy one at a time and the good guy always knows which way to turn, which bad guy will be coming at him next?

But even if Gregg Marmalard Doyel were to issue a challenge to a room full of people and everyone did indeed agree to go him one at a time, I would laugh my ass off to hear that somewhere in the crowd was an average-looking guy who just got out of jail where he was, say, the California Penal League's hardcore wrestling champ. Or a little guy, about 5-2, 130 pounds, who happens to be a Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert. The possibilities are endless.....and so too would be the laughs.

2. sg86

sg86 Member

The worst part about the blog entry was the last part of the title being cut out.

"I could punch someone...but I'm too much of a pussy"

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Too bad old Norman wasn't around to take Doyel up on his challenge; I'd like his chances.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

it's clear that Doyel
    is overcompensating
    for a small weiner

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

That's Vic "The Brick" Jacobs and as far as I'm concerned, go for it Doyel.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Oh, THAT guy. Painful to listen to. One of the local sportstalk shows uses his updates, and even the host makes fun of him.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

His hat is mink. A couple of years ago, another one of the hosts set him up by inviting a member of PETA on the air. That was damn funny.
    They asked him how he could kill an animal just to make a hat. He said he didn't kill them, they were already dead.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's all that much more funny knowing that 90 percent of males who have hair on their balls would pummel this guy. i know 13 year olds that would give this guy a serious nap.

i mean really, my dog weighs more than this guy. who in the fuck is he trying to kid?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Excellent haiku. :)

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

For those interested, here's the link to Doyle's awesome radio spot the other day. It's 3-3-09 segment 5.

http://www.wjfk.com/pages/2165614.php

Draft saved Draft deleted