1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Woody Plaige'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will come up next time he's on Around the Hlorn

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Stat Boy will dock him two points.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

To this day, I still feel like a former ESPN blogger pulled straight from my story, but they said it was just taken from a press release (a press release that came out two weeks after my story). I couldn't prove it. It was frustrating, by my publisher and I agreed that the ESPN blog's post was way too similar (changing like two words). Oh well.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

In addition to this being a sh***y, lazy-ass effort that probably took Paige about 15 minutes to produce, I've got a problem with a guy who is getting a lot of his income from ESPN writing a blow job column about ESPN. The loose "angle" here involves the book on ESPN and the fact that one of its followers was from Greely.

Hey, Woody ... is Daniels (the guy from Greely) mentioned in the book? Or did you consider talking to someone from Daniels' family. ... Oh, wait, yeah ... that would have taken some fucking work.

And people wonder why newspapers suck donkey balls. It's because they allow this kinda stuff to go on because columnists are "stars."

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Greeley. Three e's. And it stinks up there.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the 1985 movie "The Mean Season"? Probably not. The most ludicrous movie I ever watched.

Kurt Russell played a Miami Herald reporter sleeping with Mariel Hemingway. A newspaper reporter sleeping with that kind of talent. Right.

And he was torn about leaving the Miami to move to Greeley, which is right by the meat processing plant. Even more far fetched than a reporter sleeping with a Mariel Hemingway look alike.

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

My girlfriend graduated from Greeley West ... it's her home town. It's only a 25 minute drive from Fort Collins, but I always hated taking it with her due to that damn smell

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Reworking a classic: "She said 'Kiss me where it stinks.' So I took her to Greeley."

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Maybe you'll say photogs are different, but an L.A. Times photographer I knew casually dated his share of people like Mariel Hemingway and brought Alexandra Paul to a Christmas party I was attending once.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I have worked with a few photogs that netted a lot of plus ass. They were artsy, eccentric and assertive.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yep, different than a lot of newspaper reporters.

JUST kidding, newspaper reporters.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If it's two articles that were published in newspapers, it can absolutely be proven.

Draft saved Draft deleted