1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woody Paige back to Denver Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 10, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

maybe woody just "changed his mind." that's everybody's out these days. ;D ;D ;D

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Okay, that was funny, shockey. ;D

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know, moddy. Keep checking that pipeline.

[​IMG]

4. Ohiowriter

Ohiowriter Member

Now, c'mon, know your hubs, Denver is a United base. As for the routing, if it was $23 cheaper my company would make me go to New Orleans via Seattle.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Why oh why is it necessary to say someone was interviewed by cell phone, or e-mail, or passenger pigeon? Does it somehow color the authenticity of the story?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I know. I just don't like Delta.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just like the air of authencity that he was really in New York because he said on the phone that he just strolled past Trump Tower. You can't make that kinda stuff up.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A few things...

Marc Spears is one of the best NBA reporters around. He breaks a ton of news and that's as their national guy. Great guy as well.

Westword does great coverage of the media in Denver. I remember back on the old sportspages board, we had all kinds of links to Westword stuff.

Denver needs Woody back. I don't know if it will happen. The rumors have been around almost since he left and supposedly the Post always left the door open for his return.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Woody might be going back, but it's not due to a collapse of Cold Pizza.

Numbers there are fine, and the net's happy with it, according to folks I trust who work there.

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

The numbers there are not fine, and the net's not happy with it, according to folks I trust there.

Which is why it's moving out of NYC and back to Bristol, if it's not there already (I don't often watch). And that makes it conceivable for Woodrow to weigh the option of going back to Denver.

(Plus, he's the television equivalent of someone dragging fingernails across the chalkboard, at least on Around the Horn. Go back to columns, Woodrow. You were good at that.)

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Moddy Pipeline hasn't conceded defeate yet. I have reason to believe this is indeed going to happen.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I don't know. I think it would seem kind of fishy if it said that Woody Paige was interviewed by desk phone as he strolled past Trump Tower.

Draft saved Draft deleted